Gopher is a wild tortoise which is a terrestrial animal found in the states of Georgia and Florida. Gophers are killed inside the water and then clean with salt. They are cook on the stove, tastes like chicken.
Every state, continent, or country is known for its significant features and unique way of expressing basic things. Whether it is textile, commercial industry, or food, they own their state’s way to express and present all of them.
Cooking is also one of the very aspects. Every country or state is known for its way of cooking and owning its style. Florida is one of them.
With key lime pie being its signature dish, Florida is well known for its dishes and its cooking style.
dishes of florida
Its dishes and their texture represent the style of Florida cooking. As one of the most visited states, you can expect various tastes and dishes to eat. From local to must-haves, Florida is the variety king of dishes.
Key West Pink Shrimp, Key lime pie, Florida stone crabs, Florida orange juice, the Cuban sandwich, conch fritters, Apalachicola oysters, Kumquats, and Cedar key calms are the well-known local dishes Florida.
The iconic ones include dole whip, Fried gator bites, grouper and snapper, Floribbean cuisine, and Publix sub.
With all this diversity, tourist rightfully enjoys their visit to Florida.
- Five stalks of celery
- 3 large potatoes cut in cube shape
- 6 lb of gopher meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10c water
- 3-16 oz of can tomatoes plus its juice
- One bell pepper finely chopped
- ¼ lb saly pork
- Three medium Spanish onions
- Five tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Two whole jalapeno peppers
- Wash and clean the gopher meat until it completely drys. Do it carefully
- Fry both the gopher meat and saly pork in the big pot until they turn brown.
- Take out the meat and drain the extra oil by putting it on the paper towel.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery in the pork grease and sauté it until they were soft.
- Add tomatoes to it and the water if it is required to cook down the pulp. Cook it for 2 hours on low heat.
- Now add the gopher meat, 19 cups of water, and the two whole jalapeno pepper in i. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook it for 1 ½ hour until the meat is tender
- Add potatoes during the last ½ hour of the cooking. Mix browned flour with water in a glass jar and shake it.
- Boil the stew again and the flour mixture into it, which thickens the stew.
- Serve it over the rice.
Here are some basics of cooking gopher