Florida is famous for its Florida-style cooking. The cracker-style cuisine has a lot of different dishes in it. One of them is alligator meat. People of Florida loves to eat alligator meat, and here I am going to write a recipe for alligator bites.
When many immigrants, Hispanic and the Caribbean, moved to Florida, a new cuisine was developed called Floribbean cuisine. It is one of the healthiest cuisines as compared to other heavy cuisines. In it, seafood is used with Asian and Caribbean ingredients making it a worldwide cuisine.
It was evolved in south Florida but is strongly influenced by Asian cooking principles. That is why harvested fruits and vegetables are found in the dishes of this cuisine. Spices are the key feature of Floribbean cuisine.
If we talk about its features, then spices and fresh ingredients impacting intense flavors would be the best way of describing it.
florida’s signature dish
You might have heard about key lime pie. Yes, that is Florida’s signature dish. It is made with simple ingredients of key lime, condensed milk, egg yolks. It is a tart-sweet dessert found locally in restaurants in Florida. Key lime pie is quite famous in Key West. It is said that this pie was invented in Florida, Key West, where there is abundant growth of fresh tartaric key limes and the main ingredient of key lime pie.
The most diverse cuisine, Florida cuisine, was introduced when Ponce de Leon staked Spanish. Spanish and southern cuisines were first eaten, but then other continents’ taste was also included, and by all the mixture, a new cuisine was formed. The blend of many cultures is summarized in Florida cuisine.
- One tablespoon of hot sauce
- A tablespoon of minced garlic
- One tablespoon of roasted chicken base
- One tablespoon of the onion powder
- 1 lb of alligator meat cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- One package of batter mix
- Two large eggs. Beat and mixed them with one tablespoon of water
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- Add olive oil, garlic, roasted chicken base, onion powder, and hot sauce into a small bowl and mix them. Then add the pieces of alligator eat into it and marinate it for half-hour.
- Take a medium-sized saucepot and heat the oil 9nj it at 375 Fahrenheit
- Add the batter mix to a bowl.
- Add eggs and water in a separate deep bowl
- Add the pieces of alligator meat into the eggs and then coat it with the batter mix.
- Repeat this with all parts, put them into hot oil, and deep fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Fry them until they become crisp, and remove the oil into paper towels.
- Serve them hot with sauce or ketchup.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to cook alligator meat.